Save an average of 30% on your home insurance in just three minutes.
Our brokers will find you the best car insurance in Kingston by comparing quotes from the top 10+ companies in Canada.
We compare rates from Canada's top providers, including:
Car insurance in Kingston.
Save money by getting the best automobile insurance rates in Kingston.
Shopping around for auto insurance makes good sense and doing it with DirectRate.ca is even smarter.
We know ways to save on car insurance that many drivers overlook or don’t know about.
Let one of our licensed brokers help you customize a policy, find additional savings and help you secure the lowest car insurance rates for drivers in Kingston.
Start with a free, no-obligation quote online and then give us a call: 1-855-754-0350.
How does it work?
Why use DirectRate.ca?
We’ve helped thousands of Canadians save millions on their insurance costs.
Become one of them today by working one-on-one with a licensed broker to customize your car insurance policy.
We’ll make sure you have the coverage you need, nothing more.
Our tool and recommendations are free, give us a call: 1-855-754-0350.
Get a free quote today.
It’s fast, free, and help is just a call away.
What you need to know about the car insurance you need in Kingston.
As a resident of Ontario, you must have car insurance. But while some coverage is mandatory, other coverage is optional.
That’s where it gets tricky: On one hand, some of the coverage types are highly recommended for most drivers, on the other hand, passing on other coverage types can be a good way to save money.
The first step to buying vehicle insurance for drivers in Kingston is figuring out what you need and what you don’t.
The mandatory auto insurance in Ontario has four components:
- Accident benefits: This covers your medical bills – and, if necessary, income replacement – if you’re injured in a collision.
- Direct compensation-property damage coverage (DCPD): This covers you if your vehicle, or its contents, get damaged in a collision where you are not at fault.
- Third-party liability: This is protection in case you’re driving a car that injures or kills someone else, or, if it damages property. In Ontario, all drivers must have at least $200,000 in third-party liability coverage. But, most drivers consider that inadequate and want far more. Buying $1 million or $2 million worth of third-party liability coverage is common.
- Uninsured automobile coverage: This is protection in the event that an uninsured motorist or a hit-and-run driver injures or kills you.
Note that none of the above coverage protects you if you’re in collision where you’re at fault or partially at fault. Or, if your car gets stolen or vandalized. Or, if a tree falls on it. Or, any of a number of other calamities. That’s why most drivers want more than the mandatory coverage.
Here are the most common optional coverages for auto insurance in Kingston:
- All perils: Combining collision and comprehensive coverage, this offers protection if your car is damaged by a crash, theft, extreme weather and other misfortune.
- Collision: This protects you if your car gets damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object. It also covers rollovers.
- Comprehensive: This protects you if your car gets damaged by something other than a collision. That includes vandalism, theft, extreme weather, fire and falling or flying objects.
- Loss of use: This covers the cost of renting an equivalent vehicle if your car is under repair following a collision.
- Replacement cost: This covers the full value of your car if it has been stolen or damaged beyond repair.
- Specified perils: This protects you in the event of damage caused by a set number of misfortunes including lightning or hail storms, rising water, earthquakes, fire, theft and riots.
As you can see, there are a lot of options to choose from. So, let DirectRate.ca help you decide what you need and what you don’t.
Fortunately, our experienced brokers know every car insurance discount available to Kingston drivers.
We’ll customize your policy to make sure you get the best coverage for your circumstance, find you additional savings and then secure the best car insurance at the lowest rate in Kingston.
Start with a free, no-obligation quote, then speak to one of our licensed brokers: 1-855-754-0350.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Insurance in Kingston
- It’s illegal to drive a car in Canada without auto insurance. And, the penalties for not having valid insurance while behind the wheel are substantial.
- In Ontario, all drivers must have the following coverage:
- Accident benefits.
- Direct compensation-property damage coverage (DCPD).
- Third-party liability.
- Uninsured automobile coverage.
- The fine for driving without this mandatory insurance can be as much as $50,000 and that’s in addition to possibly having your licence suspended and your car impounded.
- Driving without insurance also means you aren’t protected from liability if you injure or kill someone else or damage property. So, driving without insurance could prove to be a mistake that leads to considerable financial difficulty.
- A conviction for driving without insurance will likely make it harder for you to find vehicle insurance in the future, and if you can find it, you’ll be paying a lot more for it.
- Everybody’s circumstance is different, but most drivers want some of the available options, especially collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Here are the most popular options:
- All perils: Protection if your car is damaged by a crash, theft, extreme weather and other misfortune. (This combines collision and comprehensive coverage.)
- Collision: Protection for damage from collisions with other vehicles or objects. Also covers rollovers.
- Comprehensive: Protection if the damage is from something other than a collision, such as vandalism, theft, extreme weather, fire and falling or flying objects.
- Loss of use: Covers the cost of renting an equivalent vehicle while your car is under repair following a collision.
- Replacement cost: Covers the full value of a car that’s been stolen or damaged beyond repair.
- Specified perils: Protection in the event of damage from a set number of perils including lightning or hail storms, rising water, earthquakes, fire, theft and riots.
- Let an experienced broker at DirectRate.ca’s help you sort out which of these many options you need and which aren’t necessary for you.
- Start with a free, no-obligation quote, then work one-on-one with a licensed broker: 1-855-754-0350.
- In Ontario, auto insurance operates under a no-fault system.
- The goal of no-fault insurance is to simplify the process when drivers must make accident claims. In addition, the system is designed to help drivers get payment quickly following a collision.
- No-fault insurance means that if you’re involved in a collision, your insurance company will handle your claim no matter which driver was at fault.
- The broader your coverage, the higher your premiums. But, there’s a lot more to the cost of auto insurance than that.
- Insurance companies weigh many factors when determining how much to charge you.
- Those factors include:
- Where you live. Rates don’t just vary by city, but by neighbourhood. If drivers in your neighbourhood make more claims than in other parts of your city, you may feel it in the pocketbook.
- Your car’s make and model.
- Your driving record.
- How much you drive.
- Your claims history.
- Your age.
- How many years you’ve been driving.
- Your gender.
- Your marital status.
- How many drivers there are in your household.
- With so many variables, no wonder rates can and do differ. That’s why comparison shopping is essential if you want to find cheap car insurance in Kingston.
- Let DirectRate.ca help you with that. Start by getting free, no-obligation quotes online and then connect with a licensed broker: 1-855-754-0350.
- Yes, it’s likely you will.
- New drivers, such as young people who’ve just obtained their licence and recent immigrants can expect to pay more for car insurance.
- Insurance providers charge more because new drivers are considered a greater risk than an inexperienced driver.
- The good news is that if you maintain a good driving record, your high rates will begin to go down.
- Regardless of how long you’ve been driving, it makes sense to get the best rate possible by taking advantage of DirectRate.ca’s free, online quote tool and access to experienced brokers.
- Our recommendations and insights are 100% free.
- The cost of auto insurance may seem like one of those things you just have to accept. But there are actually a number of steps you can take to lower your premiums, now and in the future.
- Here are some suggestions:
- Buy only the coverage you really need and skip the rest. All the options can seem overwhelming but most drivers don’t need every type of coverage available. For example, you may be able to skip the loss of use insurance if you survive without your car for a few days while it’s in the shop.
- Choose the make and model of your car carefully. Higher safety ratings and lower theft ratings mean bigger savings for you.
- Drive safely and keep your driving record clean. Collisions and infractions such as speeding will mean higher premiums in the future.
- Enrol in a telematics program. By tracking the way you drive, your insurance company knows how much of a risk you are to insure. And that can mean lower rates.
- Increase your deductible. The deductible is the amount you have to pay if you have to make a claim. Let’s say your deductible is $500 and you’re in a collision that damages your car to the tune of $3,000. Then you will pay $500 and your insurer will pay $2,500. A higher deductible will mean lower premiums. (But it also means you’ll be paying more if you do have to make a claim.)
- Install and use a car alarm.
- Keep your car in a private parking spot, such as a garage, instead of on the street.
- Pay up front instead of monthly.
- Pay your premiums on time.
- Put winter tires on your car. Winter tires make driving safer not just in snow, but also in cold weather. They also mean lower rates on your car insurance in Kingston. In Ontario, insurance companies must offer a 3-5% discount for drivers with winter tires.
- Take advantage of bundling discounts. Most insurance companies will give you a lower rate if you have other policies, such as home insurance, with them.
- Take a defensive driving course.
- Work with DirectRate.ca to get the best car insurance for Kingston drivers. Our licensed brokers can help you decide what coverage you need and what you don’t and then secure you the best rate. Start by getting free car insurance quotes for Kingston drivers. Then, work one-on-one with a licensed broker by calling 1-855-754-0350.
- Going online to purchase your car insurance is safe, convenient and increasingly popular. Many Kingston drivers have discovered that it’s the best way to get cheap car insurance.
- Start by using our free, online quote tool to get rates from the 10+ leading Canadian car insurance companies serving Kingston, Ontario.
- Then, talk to one of our expert brokers to see if you qualify for additional savings.
- We’ll review your application and let you know about any additional discounts that may be available to you.
- Most drivers have discovered that they can save hundreds of dollars with four easy-to-access discounts: buying winter tires, bundling their policies, enrolling in a telematics program and parking in a garage rather than on the street.
- Depending on your circumstance, you may be eligible for additional discounts.
- Give us a call to start saving today: 1-855-754-0350.