Save an average of 30% on your travel medical insurance in just three minutes.
Our brokers will find you the best car insurance in Vaughan by comparing quotes from 10+ top companies in Canada.
We compare rates from Canada's top providers, including:
Car insurance in Vaughan.
Traffic woes are a fact of life for Greater Toronto Area (GTA) residents, including those in Vaughan, one of the fastest growing cities in the region.
With more and more drivers on the road, having good car insurance coverage has never been more important.
At DirectRate.ca, we work everyday with Canadians to help you secure a policy that makes sense for your budget and how you use your vehicle.
If you’re a resident of Vaughan seeking auto insurance, we’re confident we can help you find the best coverage at the lowest rate.
Start with a free, online quote, then work with one of our licensed brokers to customize your policy so you have the protection you need at the best available price.
Call DirectRate.ca today to start saving: 1-855-754-0350.
How does it work?
Why use DirectRate.ca?
We’re insurance experts who have helped thousands of Canadians save millions of dollars on their insurance costs.
Work with one of our licensed brokers for free recommendations on how you can secure the best automobile insurance in Vaughan.
Our single focus is helping you save money.
Get a free quote today.
It’s fast, free, and help is just a call away.
Types of car insurance in Ontario.
Car insurance is mandatory in Canada, though minimum requirements vary from province to province.
A licensed broker will work with you to get a sense of what sort of coverage you need, asking questions about your vehicle type, your driving and claims histories as well as details about your lifestyle — including how you use your vehicle.
Based on those insights, they’ll advise what sort of coverage makes the most sense for you what discounts you’re eligible for.
They’ll also recommend coverage limits and highlight any coverage that’s no longer optimal.
For example, if you’re driving an older vehicle, maybe you can do without replacement cost coverage.
Or, if you live in an urban center and don’t use your car often, maybe loss of use coverage is an extra cost you can do without because you can get around town using public transit if your car is in the shop being repaired.
By comparison shopping among insurance providers, customizing your policy and applying a range of discounts, DirectRate.ca is confident we can help you save hundreds of dollars each year on your insurance.
Before you connect with a broker, review the details below about the types of coverage available for Ontario drivers.
What coverage do you need? What can you do without? We’re available to answer all your questions about how to get the best coverage at the lowest rate.
In Ontario, drivers must have the following coverage:
- Accident benefits
- Direct compensation property damage
- Uninsured driver
Those who would like more coverage can pick and choose from a handful of additional coverage options.
For example, collision and comprehensive coverage are very popular among drivers who put a lot of mileage on their cars.
Some of the most popular additional coverage includes:
- All perils: Covers many perils. Broadly, has similarities to collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Collision: Covers replacement or repair costs if your car is damaged in a collision and you’re at fault.
- Comprehensive: Covers damage by debris, earthquake, explosions, theft, vandalism and weather events.
- Specified perils: Covers damage from perils specifically named in your car insurance policy such as: attempted theft, damage in transport, earthquake, explosions, fire, lightning, riots or windstorms.
- Loss of use: Covers the cost of a replacement vehicle, or transportation costs, when the insured car is damaged and the insured has All perils, Comprehensive or Specified perils coverage.
- Rental car or substitute car: Covers the cost of a replacement vehicle the insured must use because the insured vehicle is out of service.
- Replacement cost: Replaces the same make and model of your car when it has been deemed a total loss.
How to file a car insurance claim.
At DirectRate.ca, we understand how stressful it can be making an insurance claim.
We’ll guide you through the process.
Does a claim make good financial sense for you? Or could it result in your rates increasing?
Everyone’s circumstances are different.
To find out the best course of action, call DirectRate.ca to speak with a licensed broker:1-855-754-0350.
Important steps for making an insurance claim:
- Secure the safety of those involved in and around the collision.
- Take photos of the damage to vehicles involved.
- If necessary, seek medical treatment.
- Connect with your insurance provider. If you’re unsure who that is, call DirectRate.ca for assistance. We’ll guide you through the process:1-855-754-0350.
- Report the collision to the appropriate authority. In Ontario, drivers must attend a collision reporting center and submit the details of the collision. We recommend you do so within 48 hours.
- Request relevant claims forms and deadlines.
- Keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses such as a rental car, roadside assistance or towing.
- Track deadlines for any paperwork that needs to be filed to make sure you’re following the required steps.
Frequently Asked Questions about car insurance in Vaughan, Ontario.
- Getting the cheapest vehicle insurance in Vaughan starts with comparing available rates.
- At DirectRate.ca, we’ve streamlined this process with our car insurance calculator. In less than three minutes, our free, online tool will compare quotes from 10+ leading companies across the country.
- Once you have your quotes, a licensed broker will customize your policy to help you secure the best car insurance in Vaughan. It’s that simple, and it’s free.
- When you speak with a broker, they’re likely to recommend discounts as well as tactics for bringing down your rate.
Some of the most common discounts include:
- A 3-5% discount that’s applied to a portion of your policy when you use winter tires.
- A discount for those who bundle their policies so that each is held with a single company.
- A discount for those who enroll in a telematics program.
- Savings for drivers who park in a garage rather than on the street.
Some of the other ways to save on car insurance in Vaughan include:
- Having minimal insurance claims
- Installing anti-theft devices on your vehicle
- Keeping a clean driving record
- Living in an area where rates are low
- Purchasing a vehicle with a good safety rating
- Taking a defensive driving course
- Licensed brokers at DirectRate.ca keep close track of car insurance products, discounts and savings tactics. We share everything we know with drivers so they can reduce their overall insurance costs.
- Use DirectRate.ca’s online tool for 10+ free quotes and then give us a call to customize your policy: 1-855-754-0350.
- There’s no catch. If you decide to purchase a policy then one of our brokers may receive a contingent fee. If you don’t purchase a policy, no problem. We hope you gain a better understanding of car insurance in Canada.
- Car insurance rates are determined by a number of factors including location.
- The good news is that car insurance in Vaughan tends to be cheaper than in other GTA suburbs. For example, DirectRate.ca data reflects that if you live in Brampton, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Scarborough or Toronto, you’re likely to pay more for car insurance.
- Within any given city, car insurance rates can vary. Residents in the L6A postal code region of Vaughan tend to have higher rates, while those in the L6K region have lower rates.
- Since it’s unlikely that you’re going to move just to reduce your car insurance rate, we recommend you enlist the expertise of a licensed broker to help reduce your rate. DirectRate.ca is a quick and convenient way to save.
- Drivers in Ontario are required by law to have the following minimum coverage: Accident benefits, direct compensation property damage (DCPD), liability and uninsured driver. Everything else is extra.
- However, stripping back your coverage to the minimum isn’t necessarily recommended, particularly if you drive often — as many Vaughan residents do.
- Drivers who put a lot of mileage on their vehicles each year tend to purchase additional coverage such as collision and comprehensive.
- A licensed broker will advise you, for free, on the type of coverage that makes the most sense for you and how you use your vehicle.
- Start with free quotes for cheap car insurance in Vaughan, then connect over the phone with a licensed broker at DirectRate.ca to customize your policy and secure the best coverage at the lowest rate: 1-855-754-0350.
- Car insurance is a highly customizable product. The best policy for one driver isn’t necessarily what’s best for another driver.
- While car insurance providers each offer the same products, they provide lower rates to drivers whose risk profile they deem appealing.
- By working with a licensed broker at DirectRate.ca, you can customize your policy so that your profile reflects that you’re a good risk. We’ll also help you access car insurance discounts and apply savings tactics.
- At DirectRate.ca, we have the experience and expertise to make sure you only pay for the coverage you need, nothing more.
- We’re confident we can help you secure the best rate for car insurance in Vaughan. Start with DirectRate.ca’s free, online quote tool and then connect over the phone with a licensed broker for free recommendations: 1-855-754-0350.