Yes, we're open!
Dear valued Direct Rate Insurance client: Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 emergency causing extremely high traffic volume on the national phone system, wait times may be longer than usual. Should you get a message that the line is not in service, know that we remain open and ready to serve you. We recommend that you register for online self serve to submit your request. You may also try calling again. Either way, we’ll take care of you! For highlights of the federal government's COVID-19 financial relief programs click here.
Millions of Canadians face loss of income because of COVID-19. At Direct Rate Insurance, we want you to know you are not alone. Here’s highlights of some federal resources available. Visit COVID-19 Support for Individuals/Families for the latest updates on:
- Canada Child Benefit – An extra $300 per child for 2019-20. Payments in May. Don’t apply if you already receive.
- Special Goods and Services Tax Credit – Lower-income families can receive $400 (single) and $600 (couples). Payment automatic if eligible.
- Extended Tax Return Deadlines – Filing extended to June 1. If taxes due, payments/penalties deferred until Aug. 31.
- Mortgage Support – Lenders can defer up to six monthly payments (interest and principle) for impacted borrowers. Consult your bank's dedicated COVID-19 page.
- Canadian Emergency Response Benefit – Pays $2,000 per month for those who have lost income. Apply unless you already have for EI.
- Employment Insurance – Supports individuals who lose jobs through no fault of their own, but can’t find work. Visit here for details.
- Student Loans – Suspends payments/interest of Canada Student Loans and Canada Apprenticeship Loans until Sept. 20, 2020.
- Seniors – Registered Retirement Income Fund minimum withdrawals reduced by 25 per cent in 2020. Personal outreach/delivery support services available. Find your local organization.
- Mental Health – Wellness Together Canada offers online resources, tools, apps, and connections to trained volunteers/mental health professionals. Not a crisis service.