Direct Route to Service & Claims
Accidents Happen. That's why you buy insurance.
Determining what to do next. That’s why you call us.
We realize the stress and confusion that comes with dealing with a claim. Since we work for you, we’re on your side and can help steer you through the claim process. Call us first.
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5pm
24/7 Emergency Claims Service and After Hours Assistance
In the event of an emergency claim, please call the appropriate number below:
- Aviva Canada 1-866-692-8482
- Chieftain Insurance 1-800-268-5371
- Economical Insurance 1-800-607-2424
- Elite Insurance 1-866-692-8482
- Pembridge & Pafco Insurance 1-800-387-0462
- Royal & Sun Alliance 1-800-319-9993
- Travelers Canada 1-800-661-5522
- Zenith Insurance 1-800-668-8158
One or more claims may cause your rates to increase. Depending on the circumstances and estimated repair costs, you could save money in the long run if you pay for minor damages out of pocket instead of submitting a claim. If you have a long history of being a careful and competent driver, you may qualify for preferred rates or additional discounts. Keeping your driving record clean helps keep your rates low. We want you to understand the impact a claim can have on your rates now, and in the future, so you can make the decision that’s right for you.
Direct Rate Insurance is committed to accessibility.
We maintain this commitment in part by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
We believe in treating all people in a manner that allows them to uphold their independence and their dignity, and we firmly believe in integration regardless of a person’s disability.
Broker Affiliation and Compensation
To Our Customers
We thank you for your business. Direct Rate Insurance Services Inc. (DRISI) wants to inform you about who we are and how we get compensated.
DRISI exists as a privately-owned insurance brokerage, with no financial affiliation to any individual insurance company.
The brokerage is compensated in two ways:
- For the underwriting and administration work efforts and expenses borne by DRISI, a base commission of 9-20% of the premium is paid to DRISI by the insurer.
- A contingent commission may also be paid to DRISI if an insurer represented by DRISI achieves certain underwriting results. The methodology for calculating the payment varies by insurer, but in general the contingent commission, if paid, ranges from 0.25% to 2.2% of the premium that DRISI produces for that insurer.
DRISI represents the following insurers:
- Economical Insurance
- Elite Insurance Company
- Pafco Insurance Company
- Pembridge Insurance Company
- Aviva Canada Inc.
- Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada Inc.
- Travelers Canada
- The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company
- Chieftain Insurance
- Zenith Insurance Company
Please note that your insurer will be providing you with a Consumer Code of Rights and Responsibilities. It will be forwarded to you with your policy. If you have any questions regarding the above or any aspect of your insurance please contact us at:
Or write to us at:
Direct Rate Insurance Services Inc.
P.O. Box 489, Station A
Windsor, ON N9A 6M6
At this time, Direct Rate Insurance Services Inc. is open to Ontario and Alberta residents only.
The features and benefits described are based on policies underwritten by Aviva Canada Inc., Economical Insurance, Elite Insurance Company, Pembridge Insurance Company, Pafco Insurance Company, Travelers Canada, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada, and Zenith Insurance Company and may be changed at any time.
Your privacy is extremely important at Direct Rate Insurance Services Inc. (Direct Rate Insurance). If you provide your personal information to our brokerage, you are consenting to its use and disclosure for the following purposes:
- to conduct an assessment of your insurance application, including the underwriting of your policy;
- to contact you for customer service items and to update our records;
- to respond to inquiries about your application, account, insurance policy or any other business that you have with us;
- to assess and settle a claim;
- to confirm your identity and prevent errors and fraud;
- to contact you with Direct Rate Insurance, affiliate and related companies, and business partner products, services and related information and/or promotional materials;
- to assess business operations and results;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to approve transactions;
- to maintain our relationship with you, including seeking your comment and feedback on our services and/or products;
- to evaluate your eligibility for certain services and/or products;
- to conduct research, marketing and statistical analysis (we render the information anonymous when possible) and to follow and analyze your transactions with us (including the number and amount of transactions by type, product code information, brand, etc.)
- to conduct tests for the purpose of maintaining the ongoing operation of business, for example when updating systems or adding new vendor relationships (to the fullest extent reasonably possible, we render your information anonymous);
- to conduct promotions;
- to assist us in data processing, website administration or information technology support; and
In addition to the above purposes, we also collect, use and disclose to the insurer the Personal Information required to complete your insurance application.
For intended uses which are not reasonably obvious, Direct Rate Insurance will provide you with an opportunity to withhold your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your information. However there are some situations in which applicable laws compel or allow us, our affiliates and associated companies, suppliers, business partners and our dealers/retailers to use/disclose personal information without consent.
If Direct Rate Insurance collects information from me, what information is it and how is it used?
What about Direct Rate Insurance website cookies?
We do collect and store information about your visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis, using "cookie" technology when you visit the Direct Rate Insurance website. A cookie is a bundle of data that a website sends to your internet browser, which then stores said data on your computer. Cookies used on Direct Rate Insurance websites will not capture or reveal your personal information, but rather be used to help maintain security and smooth operation of the site.
Cookies may be accepted or declined, depending on your web browser’s settings. If you decline cookies, such action may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Will my information be shared by Direct Rate Insurance with other parties?
Upon submitting personally identifiable information to Direct Rate Insurance, the company may share that information with our affiliates and related companies, our suppliers (for our service requirements only) and Direct Rate Insurance business partners (solely for use in promoting joint marketing programs). Where consent is required under applicable laws, we will request your permission before sharing your information with these or other parties. To obtain a list of the parties with whom we may share your information, please contact us. Direct Rate Insurance may also share your personal information with our suppliers for the sole purpose of providing services for us (e.g. mailings to you in response to your request for information, or to satisfy our obligation in binding your insurance policy).
In the event of a government inquiry, or in litigation or dispute resolution or when necessary to protect Direct Rate Insurance, our employees, our customers, or others, your personal information may also be disclosed in accordance with all applicable laws. In addition, our websites may contain links to sites outside of Direct Rate Insurance. Direct Rate Insurance does not control these sites and is in no way responsible for their content, policies, omissions, or errors. Prior to making a decision to provide your personal information to any outside website we recommend you read the site’s own unique privacy policies.
How is my personal information protected?
Internet Communication and Privacy
The privacy of internet communications cannot always be guaranteed. Direct Rate Insurance therefore assumes no responsibility for any harm, loss, or damage that might occur by the sending of personal and confidential information.
Direct Rate Insurance marketing promotions and initiatives: How can I opt out?
If you want to limit our use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us as indicated below. Except as required or permitted by applicable law, we will abide by your wishes relating to the use of your personal information and we will ensure that your file reflects the limitations that you have requested. We will also advise you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent in instances where they are not obvious.
How can I access and correct errors in my information?
Simply contact us where indicated below to access and correct errors in your personal information.
How can I contact Direct Rate Insurance?
If you wish to make a request or enquiry about your personal information, please contact Direct Rate Insurance in one of the following ways:
Any privacy questions you have should be directed to our Privacy Officer, who can be contacted by writing to the address below:Direct Rate Insurance Services Inc.
P.O. Box 489, Station A
Windsor, ON N9A 6M6
Attention: Privacy Officer
Our number is 1-855-754-0350. Simply follow the Privacy telephone prompts.